Court of Protection

If your loved one suffers a sudden serious injury as a result of medical negligence, and they are unable to make important decisions about their affairs, the Court of Protection will need to appoint a deputy.

This deputy will be responsible for acting on behalf of your loved one when it comes to making decisions about care, and for managing the compensation fund over the long term to ensure that it is spent in the best interests of your loved one.

Whilst some families choose to take on this duty directly, managing compensation is a big responsibility, and comes with a number of risks. Large sums of money can be divisive, and have the potential to cause division and disagreements amongst family members. In addition, the Court of Protection may disagree on the decisions made, opening up the deputy to the risk of legal action.

Professional deputy services

The alternative is to appoint a professional deputy like a Solicitor from Medical Accident Claimline, who will act on your family member's behalf.

Independent, impartial and regulated, we are bound by law to act in the best interests of the affected party at all times.

With extensive professional deputy experience acting on behalf of people suffering from a full range of serious injuries, you can be sure that all compensation monies will be managed sensibly and sustainably, and that your loved one will get the care they need.

In addition, by appointing a Solicitor from Medical Accident Claimline, you will be protecting your family from the risks of disruption, mismanagement and disagreements, whilst freeing up valuable time that can be spent providing the care your loved one needs.